The Waylanders Wiki Guide: The Waylanders Walkthrough, Classes, Weapons, Builds, Skills & Abilities, Companions, Endings, Locations, Quests, and more!
The Waylanders Wiki Guide: An Epic Story Inspired in Celtic Mythology
The Waylanders Wiki Guide: The Waylanders Walkthrough, Classes, Weapons, Builds, Skills & Abilities, Companions, Endings, Locations, Quests, and more! The Waylanders is a classic party-based RPG developed and published by Gato Salvaje Studio, as well as some of the top-talents who brought well-known titles within the genre like the Dragon Age, Mass Effect, or Pillars of Eternity saga - featuring innovative and tactical combat system, The Waylanders brings the legends of the Celtic cultures to life.
"The first meeting between the Celts and their gods, the Tuatha de Danaan should have been a time of celebration and enlightenment. But, when the negotiations go catastrophically wrong, you find yourself near death– and untethered from time! The land has been overtaken by magickal corruptions, and the kingdom, once peaceful, has splintered into multiple factions warring for the throne. The Celtic culture- a complex tapestry of different religions, cultures, mortal and immortal human races, werewolves, druids, goblins, and monsters threatens to tear at every seam. Will you support the immature yet rightful heir or the pragmatic general? What alliances will you forge, what friendships will you foster, what romances will you pursue, and… what will you do when you are suddenly thrust into Medieval Spain?
You discover, because you have been untethered from time, that you are able to travel between the Celtic and Medieval eras. Things look pretty different in Galicia under Christianity than they did under Celtic rule. Where are your immortal allies now, and what has become of the souls of your mortal friends, reincarnated? Could the corrupt magicks that interfered during your meeting with the Tuatha have led to the destruction of all the Celtic world held dear? Or was a larger force of politics and religion at fault– or, perhaps, to thank for the changes the world has experienced?"
- Time Travel: Unique, party-based experience that time travels between two distinct eras: Celtic and Medieval
- A Unique Story: Written by international acclaimed scriptwriters: Emily Grace Buck (Lead Writer), Chris Avellone (Writer) and Mike Laidlaw (Consultant)
- A Captivating Score: Music by an Emmy award-winner,3 times BAFTA nominee and Fallout’s main theme composer, Inon Zur.
- Multiple Endings: Choices made in one time period can have dire consequences in the other, meaning players will feel the impact of their decisions in surprising and shocking ways.
- Strategy & Innovation: Gameplay features unique formations for deep, tactical combat.
- Full Character Customization: 6 basic and 30 advanced classes, 5 playable races based on Celtic mythology and different origins for your character.
- Ready your Companions: Companions are an integral part of any RPG experience, and The Waylanders offers a variety of traveling companions that can join you on your journey. The player will be able to talk to their companions in-depth, discover their past, play loyalty missions, and even experience romances with them.
The Waylanders Gameplay
- In The Waylanders, you lead a party of 5 characters, utilizing over 800 different skills, to overcome challenges and defeat your enemies.
- One of The Waylanders’ most innovative features is formations. Formations allow you to use your party as a team and fight with a strategic depth never seen in an RPG. Each class will have different formations to build, and each formation will have special abilities to use.
- Some situations requires a tactical camera, but others are better with a more immersive view. That's the reason why The Waylanders allows you to use two different camera views: isometric and third-person.
- The Waylanders includes more than 800 skills, 6 basic classes and 30 advanced classes. This can only be possible thanks to The Waylanders’ motion capture process, powered by Xsens technology, which is nothing short of epic - with all this variety, The Waylanders gives you one of the widest range of attacks and animations of any indie RPG, ever!
- The Waylanders universe is based on the Celtic and Medieval eras... and allows you to travel between them! The locations change a lot depending on which period you are in. In The Waylanders, the scenario doesn't only change 'where you are'. You'll also have to consider 'when you are'.
The Waylanders Release Information
The Waylanders will be available on PC and is set to release in 2020. Players can add visit their official Steam page to learn more about its early access.